It is that time of year again. The time that dreaded debate begins. No, not that debate. The debate about when is the “proper” time to crank up the Christmas music and trim the tree.
Usually I’m a “wait until December 1” type of girl. But this year, I’ve changed my tune.
Here are my Top 10 Reasons Why We’re Ready for Christmas and Not Afraid to Admit It.
10. My new felt Advent calendar just came in the mail today and I can’t wait to put it up!
9. Christmas decorations are expensive. Why not put them up a little early and get your money’s worth?
8. Christmas is a fun time and puts me in a happy mood. A happy mama makes for a happy family.
7. More time to celebrate family traditions and maybe make some new ones.
5. More time to celebrate Advent.
4. Who doesn’t love Christmas music?
3. We are traveling this Christmas. Starting the celebration early gives us more time to enjoy the Christmas feel at home.
2. More time to bake, eat and give away those Christmas treats.
1. I refuse to apologize for taking an extra two weeks to celebrate our Savior’s birth!
So how about you? Are you ready for Christmas? What are you most looking forward to about the season?